What is white corundum?White corundum is a kind of artificial abrasive.The main component of white corundum is aluminum oxide (Al2O3) with a content of more than 99%, and contains a small amount of iron oxide, silicon oxide and other ingredients, which is white.
White corundum true density
3.95~4.0g/cm3, the true density of the abrasive refers to the mass of the abrasive contained in the unit volume (excluding the volume of open pores).
Basic particle size of white corundum
45%~55%, the basic particle size is an important indicator to ensure the grinding effect. It should be properly controlled during production, but the production speed may slow down.
Advantages of white corundum
- Does not affect the color of processed parts;
- It can be used for sandblasting in processes where iron powder residue is strictly prohibited;
- Micro powder grade is very suitable for wet sandblasting and polishing operations;
- High processing speed and high quality;
- The amount of iron oxide contained is extremely low, suitable for sandblasting operations where iron residues are strictly prohibited;
- After pickling step to remove impurities.
Application of white corundum abrasive products
White corundum abrasive is suitable for the surface beautification of various high-end products, crafts or hardware. After sandblasting, the surface is white without any impurities, eliminating the trouble of cleaning.
Fine white corundum can be used as the first for polishing and grinding, as well as various product additives;
Can be used as solid and coated abrasive tools, wet or dry or sprayed sand, suitable for crystal, super-finishing grinding and polishing in the electronics industry and making high-grade refractory materials, etc.; suitable for processing hardened steel, alloy steel, high-speed steel, high-carbon steel, etc. Materials with harder hardness and higher tensile strength;
It can also be used as contact media, insulators and precision casting sand. Derusting, decontamination and descaling of iron workpieces, increasing the adhesion of plating and coating; descaling of aluminum workpieces, surface strengthening, and finishing;
Copper workpieces have deoxidized and matt effect, glass products, crystal frosted, carved patterns, plastic products, matt effects, denim and other special fabric plush processing and effect patterns.
- Surface processing: metal oxide layer, carbide black skin, metal or non-metal surface rust removal, such as gravity die-casting mold, rubber mold oxide or release agent removal, ceramic surface black spots, uranium color removal, painted painting Rebirth.
- Beautification processing: matte or matte processing of various gold, K gold jewelry, precious metal products, non-metal matte processing of crystal, glass, corrugated, acrylic and other non-metallic matte processing, and can make the surface of the processed product become metallic luster.
- Etching processing: etching art for jade, crystal, agate, semi-precious stone, seal, elegant stone, antique, marble tombstone, ceramics, wood, bamboo, etc.
- Pre-treatment processing: Teflon (TEFLON), PU, rubber, plastic coating, rubber drum (ROLLER), electroplating, metal spray welding, titanium plating and other pre-treatments to increase surface adhesion.
- Burr processing: Removal of flash from bakelite, plastic, zinc, aluminum die-casting products, electronic parts, magnetic cores, etc.
- Stress relief processing: parts for aerospace, defense, precision industry, rust removal, paint removal and matting, refurbishment and other stress relief processing.