Garnet sand is made of garnet as a raw material. It has the characteristics of high hardness, high temperature resistance, stable chemical properties, uniform particles, high grinding efficiency, and no scratches.
Introduction to Garnet Sand
What is garnet?Garnet sand is made of garnet as a raw material. It has the characteristics of high hardness, high temperature resistance, stable chemical properties, uniform particles, high grinding efficiency, and no scratches. It is suitable for waterjet cutting industry; various metal, plastic, wood and other surface sandblasting industries; super-precision grinding in the machinery industry, precision casting, and grinding industry for kinescope glass bulbs, optical glass, silicon wafers, etc.
Garnet sand characteristics
- The texture is hard, with Mohs hardness above 7.1, which is higher than commonly used sandblasting materials such as quartz sand, sea sand, river sand, and has a long service life.
- Because garnet is an equiaxed crystal and has no cleavage itself, it is easy to form approximately cubic particles with edges and corners after it is made into sandblasting, and its sandblasting effect is better. It can not only completely remove the rust, oxide scale, coating and pollutants on the metal surface, but also because of its high hardness, it can produce ideal angular rough surfaces on the cleaned metal surface, increasing the surface area of the metal. The adhesion of the interface is improved, and the adhesion of the corrosion-resistant protective coating to the metal surface is significantly enhanced, thereby improving the adhesion of the coating to the metal surface.
- The density is larger, usually around 4g/cm³, and the impact force is strong, which can better clean the metal surface.
- It has high strength and is not easy to break on the metal surface during spraying. After timely fragmentation, new cubic-like particles with corners will be produced. Therefore, it can be used repeatedly, generally up to 20 times. It is 20 times the number of uses of siliceous sand (sea sand or river sand), and more than 2 times that of quartz sand (manually made). The relatively low cost of using it once
Main uses of garnet sand
Because of its high hardness and good chemical properties, garnet is widely used in industrial production. The quality requirements of garnet are mainly hardness, purity and particle size. The quality requirements are different for different purposes. Special purposes also have requirements for the particle size composition of the product, but there is no unified regulation, which is mainly negotiated by the supplier and the buyer. The use of garnet can be divided into abrasive garnet and non-abrasive garnet.
- Sandblasting and rust removal of steel structures, hulls, bridges, etc.;
- Waterjet cutting of metal, stone, glass, etc.;
- Filter media for chemical, petroleum, pharmaceutical and water treatment;
- Grinding of marble, optical lens, glassware, leather and other materials;
- Grinding wheel, oilstone, emery cloth, sandpaper raw materials;
- Wear-resistant materials such as highway pavement, airstrip, wear-resistant rubber, and non-slip paint;
- Widely used in the field of construction industry, high-grade real stone paint exterior wall decoration interior decoration is noble and elegant. The ideal new non-metal wear-resistant floor aggregate.