Polyaluminium chloride is an emerging water purification material, an inorganic polymer coagulant, and a water-soluble inorganic polymer between AlCl3 and Al (OH) 3.
Color is yellow or light yellow, dark brown, dark gray resinous solid.
Application of polyaluminium chloride
- Urban water supply and drainage purification: river water, reservoir water, groundwater.
- Industrial water purification.
- Urban sewage treatment.
- Recycling of useful substances in industrial wastewater and waste residue, promoting the settlement of coal powder in coal washing wastewater, and the recovery of starch in starch manufacturing.
- Various industrial wastewater treatment: printing and dyeing wastewater, leather wastewater, fluorine-containing wastewater, heavy metal wastewater, oily wastewater, papermaking wastewater, coal washing wastewater, mining wastewater, brewing wastewater, metallurgical wastewater, meat processing wastewater, wastewater treatment.
Properties of PAC
- The purified water quality is better than aluminum sulfate flocculant, and the cost of water purification is 15-30% lower than that.
- Floc formation and settling speed are faster than conventional products such as aluminum sulfate.
- The alkalinity in the consumed water is lower than that of various inorganic flocculants, so the alkaline agent can be omitted or less.
- The adaptable source water can be coagulated in the range of 5.0-9.0.
- Low corrosivity and good operating conditions.
- Solubility is better than aluminum sulfate.
- The increase of salinity in the treated water is small, which is beneficial to ion exchange treatment and high-purity water.
- Adaptability to source water temperature is better than inorganic flocculants such as aluminum sulfate.
The flocculation of polyaluminum chloride is as follows:
- Strong electrical neutralization of colloidal substances in water.
- Excellent bridging adsorption effect of hydrolysate on suspended matter in water.
- Selective adsorption of soluble substances.
Polyaluminum chloride is an inorganic polymer coagulant. Due to the bridging effect of hydroxide ions and the polymerization of polyvalent anions, it has the characteristics of large molecular weight and high charge inorganic polymer water treatment agent). It is mainly determined by the working principle of the pressure atomizer.